Backporting for LTS 2.319.3 started

Ildefonso Montero

Jan 17, 2022, 10:24:27 AM1/17/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Backporting has started and the RC is scheduled for next Wednesday 2022-01-26

Candidates: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?filter=12146
Fixed: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.319.3-fixed
Rejected: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.319.3-rejected

--

Ildefonso Montero Pérez
Senior Software Engineer

CloudBees, Inc

timja...@gmail.com

Jan 30, 2022, 5:45:06 AM1/30/22
to Jenkins Developers
There's been a request for https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-67635 to be backported

Any thoughts?

Ildefonso Montero

Jan 31, 2022, 3:43:11 AM1/31/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
No issues from my side to include it. Looking for more opinions about it.

Vincent Latombe

Jan 31, 2022, 3:56:23 AM1/31/22
to Jenkins Dev
+1 from me to backport it.

Vincent

wfoll...@cloudbees.com

Jan 31, 2022, 5:23:07 AM1/31/22
to Jenkins Developers
Please Ilde, also include https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-67702 to prevent scanners to complain about XStream

Ildefonso Montero

Jan 31, 2022, 5:38:25 AM1/31/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

jn...@cloudbees.com

Jan 31, 2022, 6:21:39 AM1/31/22
to Jenkins Developers
>  There's been a request for https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-67635 to be backported

Given this area code area has proved to be a hot potato and the fix is not in a weekly yet, I would be hesitant to say "go for it" on this one.
Although I do understand that for the users that use clouds and jobs with conditional labels this is a blocker, there are only 7 watchers of the issue implying the number impacted is a smallish subset of the Jenkins users that could be affected should any regression be introduced.

so -0.5 on this (ie non blocking, take this into account and make a judgement call).

/James

Ildefonso Montero

Jan 31, 2022, 6:28:23 AM1/31/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Backport PR ready to review in https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/6235

On Monday, 17 January 2022 at 15:24:27 UTC imon...@cloudbees.com wrote:
Backporting has started and the RC is scheduled for next Wednesday 2022-01-26

Candidates: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?filter=12146
Fixed: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.319.3-fixed
Rejected: https://issues.jenkins-ci.org/issues/?jql=labels%20%3D%202.319.3-rejected

--

Ildefonso Montero Pérez
Senior Software Engineer

CloudBees, Inc

Tim Jacomb

Jan 31, 2022, 6:42:44 AM1/31/22
to Jenkins Developers
> Although I do understand that for the users that use clouds and jobs with conditional labels this is a blocker, there are only 7 watchers of the issue implying the number impacted is a smallish subset of the Jenkins users that could be affected should any regression be introduced.

There's also watchers on https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-67558 (could be the same though)
A post on reddit and people have asked about it on IRC

Given this functionality was broken in the last LTS release (which was a security one), I would be +1 for this change
(although Ildefonso's backport PR has quite a few more changes in it)

Ildefonso Montero

Jan 31, 2022, 6:47:27 AM1/31/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
My PR is just trying to consolidate in a single PR all the possible backports based on the Jira filter. but happy to modify/update it to just include whatever we decide to include here based on the confidence level of not introducing regressions as James mentioned in: https://github.com/jenkinsci/jenkins/pull/6235#issuecomment-1025646811

So, I will update the PR just doing the backport of

And letting you to discuss there if the rest of the mentioned PRs should be backported or not

Ildefonso Montero

Jan 31, 2022, 6:53:23 AM1/31/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
PR updated and converted in a draft PR until a decision is made about the rest of the candidates

Ildefonso Montero

Feb 2, 2022, 3:59:11 AM2/2/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
New RC with backports

JENKINS-67702 Minor     Mon, 31 Jan 2022 11:26:06 +0000
Backport XStream 1.4.19 to LTS
https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-67702

JENKINS-67635 Major     2.333
Using "||" in pipeline targeting cloud labels cause multiple agents to be spun incessantly
regression
https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-67635

Best,
Ildefonso