Writing own Credential Store - Need help

Dinesh Reddy

Feb 4, 2019, 9:52:46 AM2/4/19
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Forum,

I have been working on the following use case from last few days. But I don't see any help on the net about creating Credential Store.

1. Define a new credential Store.
2. Create and Store the secured credentials in this store.
3. Give the use only (no view from UI) access to this credential store. Rest of the permissions should not be given anyone, except the Jenkins admin.

I have tried creating my own credentials provider class with the credential store, usefacing actions, just like the SystemCredentialProvider, but I don't see the new class gets loaded into jenkins at all.

Can any one give me some pointers to move forward with this?

Thank you in advance.

Regards
Dinesh

Jesse Glick

Feb 4, 2019, 10:05:52 AM2/4/19
to Jenkins Dev
On Mon, Feb 4, 2019 at 9:52 AM Dinesh Reddy <dines...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I don't see any help on the net about creating Credential Store.

Probably because, other than the implementations built in to the
`credentials` plugin, there is only one known general OSS example: for
Kubernetes¹. It is not a common enough task for there to be routine
guidelines, and your particular use case (to the extent I understand
it) may be the first of its kind, and might not even be possible given
the current APIs, depending on the details.

¹See: https://github.com/jenkinsci/kubernetes-credentials-provider-plugin/blob/64411b06ab2db9f3fc768eaaa76a515d16dde081/src/main/java/com/cloudbees/jenkins/plugins/kubernetes_credentials_provider/KubernetesCredentialProvider.java#L60