kerberos-sso plugin lookign for a new maintianer.

ogondza

Oct 30, 2023, 7:19:58 AM10/30/23
to Jenkins Developers
Hello,

As the only active maintainer of the plugin for past several years, I will no longer maintain it going forward. (No time, the org migrated to SAML).

If you are interested to carry the torch long term, please let me know. Otherwise, I will flag the plugin officially up for an adoption.

Thanks!

ogondza

Oct 30, 2023, 7:46:35 AM10/30/23
to Jenkins Developers

Jagruti Tiwari

Oct 30, 2023, 12:13:08 PM10/30/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi,

I want to take up the task of maintaing this plugin.

Am familiar with Kerberos and Jenkins. This means I have to read the documentation at every step.

I understand Kerberos' and Jenkins' purpose and functioning.

I would like to learn the ropes of a Jenkins plugin maintainer and maintain many more plugins in the future.

Thanks,
Jagruti Tiwari

ogondza

Nov 2, 2023, 8:00:57 AM11/2/23
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks, Jagruti Tiwari!

I have sent you and invitation to maintain the GH repo. Follow up with filing a PR to get the release permissions, and tag me for approval: https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/plugin-governance/adopt-a-plugin/#plugins-marked-for-adoption

Thanks!

Jagruti Tiwari

Nov 2, 2023, 12:19:57 PM11/2/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Oliver,

Thank you for inviting me. I have accepted the invitation.

I went through the issues list on JIRA. It is divided into bugs and improvements. I noticed a few issues are dated back to 2016 and 2017.

Could you suggest some beginner-friendly issues to start with?

Thanks & Regards,
Jagruti

ogondza

Nov 21, 2023, 7:25:51 AM11/21/23
to Jenkins Developers
Dependabot's PRs are something to take a look at. It is a good way to become intimate with Jenkins plugin build process and dependency resolution struggles: https://github.com/jenkinsci/kerberos-sso-plugin/pulls

I also went through the open JIRAs and closed the outdated items. These seem reasonable simple:

https://issues.jenkins.io/browse/JENKINS-39051