Backporting for LTS 2.361.2 has started

Kris Stern

Sep 17, 2022, 3:49:52 AM9/17/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi everyone,

Backporting has started and the RC is scheduled for next Wednesday on September 21st, 2022.

Best,
Kris
Message has been deleted

Alexander Brandes

Sep 17, 2022, 9:31:32 AM9/17/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hey,

thanks for your work so far!

Is there a particular reason, why JENKINS-69534 was rejected? The PR, that resolves the issue, has not been delivered in a weekly release yet, hence the change isn't available for backporting in the first place.

~ Alex

Kris Stern

Sep 20, 2022, 11:04:03 AM9/20/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hey,

I saw this comment in the JIRA ticket for JENKINS-69534 from a few days ago:

I am applying the lts-candidate label with the following justification: this is a fix for a regression in 2.294 that, while impacting a low number of users, is high in severity for the impacted users. While the fix carries some degree of risk, we are early in the LTS development cycle, and there is plenty of time for these changes to be deployed and tested by users of weekly releases. If a regression is discovered between now and the next LTS backporting window, this justification can be reconsidered.

To be on the safe side I think it is better to wait until LTS 2.361.3 for the candidate to be reconsidered for backporting.

Best,
Kris