未讀,
2022年5月14日 清晨5:25:092022/5/14
收件者:Jenkins Developers

Alexander Brandes

未讀,
2022年5月27日 清晨6:03:282022/5/27
收件者:Jenkins Developers
Hey everyone,

the release of 2.346.1 has been delayed by a couple of weeks, as discussed in a different thread, to offer more time to address regressions and other issues. By now, 3 more LTS candidates are available to backport.
If there are no objections against it, I'd like to use the additional time and start a secondary backporting process from past weekly releases to integrate the new LTS candidates.

~Alex

Basil Crow

未讀,
2022年5月31日 下午2:37:242022/5/31
收件者:jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, May 27, 2022 at 3:03 AM Alexander Brandes <mc.ca...@gmail.com> wrote:

> If there are no objections against it, I'd like to use the additional time and start a secondary backporting process from past weekly releases to integrate the new LTS candidates.

+1

wfoll...@cloudbees.com

未讀,
2022年6月7日 中午12:20:522022/6/7
收件者:Jenkins Developers
Hey there, especially Alex,

Usually we have a two weeks period for the RC, once the backports are merged. In this case, we have a PR that is still pending, ~one week after the expected delay.

So, two questions:
1) Is it OK if we are postponing the release by one additional week? a) to have two weeks of test for the RC, b) to get more time for the security release that requires to have that PR merged. It would mean that the LTS will be released on June 22. (and thus the Java 11 should be postponed again)
2) When do you plan to merge the PR?

The second wave of backports seems to contain important fixes, so postponing those seems to be not really an option.

Best regards,

Wadeck

Alexander Brandes

未讀,
2022年6月7日 下午1:01:332022/6/7
收件者:Jenkins Developers
Hey Wadeck,

thanks for the clarification from the views of the security team, that sounds reasonable. I'd want to go ahead and merge the PR later today, considering nobody expressed blocking reviews in over a week.

To 1), that's a call Tim has to agree to as well. But like you already stated, delaying them might not be the best solution, however, I have no strong objections about it, if the security team needs a bit more time in advance.

~ Alex

Tim Jacomb

未讀,
2022年6月7日 下午5:05:492022/6/7
收件者:Jenkins Developers
Fine to delay the extra week

wfoll...@cloudbees.com

未讀,
2022年6月22日 上午10:24:122022/6/22
收件者:Jenkins Developers
Hey there, especially Tim,

The next question related to the extra week delay, what do you expect to do for the .2 LTS release? It seems that currently it's still scheduled in 3 weeks.

Wadeck

Daniel Beck

未讀,
2022年6月22日 上午11:54:292022/6/22
On Wed, Jun 22, 2022 at 4:24 PM 'wfoll...@cloudbees.com' via Jenkins Developers <jenkin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Hey there, especially Tim,

The next question related to the extra week delay, what do you expect to do for the .2 LTS release? It seems that currently it's still scheduled in 3 weeks.

I'd keep the schedule, it aligns with project meetings.
回覆所有人
回覆作者
轉寄
0 則新訊息