End of year holidays and Jenkins 2.375.2 release schedule

Mark Waite

Nov 22, 2022, 9:53:47 AM11/22/22
to Jenkins Developers
In the past few years, we've  taken a break from our regular LTS schedule over the holiday season.  I propose we take a break this year, though with a variation from past years.

The 2.375.1 LTS release is scheduled for Nov 30.  Four weeks after that would be Dec 28.  I propose that we move the 2.375.2 release candidate date one week to Dec 21 and then delay the 2.375.2 LTS release by two weeks until Jan 11, 2023.

I propose that release dates continue on a 4 week cadence after the Jan 11, 2023 release, so the dates would be:
  • Nov 30, 2022 - Jenkins 2.375.1 release
  • Dec 21, 2022 - Jenkins 2.375.2 release candidate
  • Jan 11, 2023 - Jenkins 2.375.2 release
  • Jan 25, 2023 - Jenkins 2.375.3 release candidate
  • Feb 8, 2023 - Jenkins 2.375.3 release
Comments and discussion are welcomed.

Mark Waite

wfoll...@cloudbees.com

Nov 22, 2022, 11:32:27 AM11/22/22
to Jenkins Developers
For the delay of the LTS realease, with pleasure! :-)

For the RC, no opinion.

Tim Jacomb

Nov 22, 2022, 3:53:47 PM11/22/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Is there an issue with what’s already in the calendar?

Mark Waite

Nov 22, 2022, 4:36:58 PM11/22/22
to Jenkins Developers
On Tuesday, November 22, 2022 at 1:53:47 PM UTC-7 Tim Jacomb wrote:
Is there an issue with what’s already in the calendar?

No issue for me with the items on the Jenkins calendar.  They match with the proposed dates.  Thanks!

Daniel Beck

Nov 22, 2022, 5:28:24 PM11/22/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Tue, Nov 22, 2022 at 9:53 PM Tim Jacomb <timja...@gmail.com> wrote:
Is there an issue with what’s already in the calendar?

A one month RC period makes it more likely to have requests for post-RC changes crop up. I'd prefer to shorten it for that reason (like Mark suggested).