Proposal: Adding Basil Crow to the Jenkins Core maintainers team

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 22, 2021, 5:14:39 AM9/22/21
to Jenkins Developers
Dear all,

Basil has been a very active contributor to the Jenkins core since 2020, and he has contributed a lot to Jenkins over the past several years. He is an active community member, and he helps a lot with the technical debt cleanup and code reviews in Jenkins.

It would be great to have Basil joining the Jenkins core maintainers team. I propose to officially add Basil to the Jenkins core team. IMHO the code reviewer stage can be skipped, because he has been already contributing a lot to the reviews. Opinions/votes?

Oleg Nenashev

Jesse Glick

Sep 22, 2021, 8:05:32 AM9/22/21
to Jenkins Dev
If he is interested, absolutely +1!

By the way there are a number of people in https://github.com/orgs/jenkinsci/teams/core/members who are no longer active in the Jenkins community and who should likely be removed.

wfoll...@cloudbees.com

Sep 22, 2021, 8:10:47 AM9/22/21
to Jenkins Developers
+1 as well, really involved in the community so it's just natural :-)

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 22, 2021, 8:17:34 AM9/22/21
to JenkinsCI Developers
To Jesse's point, I'm plus one for the cleanup. In the maintenance guide we set an expectation people could be demoted if they didn't contribute in the last 6 months. Currently it's not written in the documentation explicitly but I would be happy to support such a policy

Let's discuss it in a separate thread

BR, Oleg

Daniel Beck

Sep 22, 2021, 8:49:12 AM9/22/21
to Jenkins Developers

> On 22. Sep 2021, at 11:14, Oleg Nenashev <o.v.ne...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It would be great to have Basil joining the Jenkins core maintainers team. I propose to officially add Basil to the Jenkins core team. IMHO the code reviewer stage can be skipped, because he has been already contributing a lot to the reviews. Opinions/votes?

Agree, he's doing great work.

Mark Waite

Sep 22, 2021, 9:32:20 AM9/22/21
to jenkinsci-dev
+1 from me

Tim Jacomb

Sep 22, 2021, 11:39:21 AM9/22/21
to Jenkins Developers

Basil Crow

Sep 23, 2021, 12:37:43 AM9/23/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, everyone. I would be happy to join the core team. It has been
a fun ride since jenkinsci/jacoco-plugin#45. Good times, and a lot of
work, ahead.

Baptiste Mathus

Sep 23, 2021, 4:25:26 AM9/23/21
to Jenkins Developers
+1. IMO Basil is wayyyy past the minimum criteria to get this status.

Raihaan Shouhell

Sep 23, 2021, 5:08:30 AM9/23/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1 he has been leading the charge on a variety of improvements

Oleg Nenashev

Sep 23, 2021, 9:40:24 AM9/23/21
to JenkinsCI Developers
We've got +1s from most of the active Jenkins core maintainers. I went ahead and added Basil to the Jenkins core team.
Thanks to everyone for the votes!

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Jenkins Developers" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkinsci-dev/CAFoxvgy%3D%3Dx0C6nibxugptU_Mm3p2zaKHNdn%3Dv6%3D7yBpwPDsSOw%40mail.gmail.com.