script to configure repository labels

jn...@cloudbees.com

Mar 31, 2023, 7:46:26 AM3/31/23
to Jenkins Developers
Hi all,

When modernising a plugin I find the tedious part is to create all the labels for both CD releases and the release notes.

it's time consuming to find a reference repo and then duplicate the labels (and their colours) to the repo I am updating.

As this is not an uncommon task I was wondering if the infra team or anyone else had already written a script to set the labels to the https://github.com/jenkinsci/.github/blob/master/.github/release-drafter.yml ones that I was unaware?
Additionally if the standard colours for the labels had been defined somewhere to avoid having conflicting label colours.

/James

Herve Le Meur

Mar 31, 2023, 8:14:15 AM3/31/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
> I was wondering if the infra team or anyone else had already written a script to set the labels to the https://github.com/jenkinsci/.github/blob/master/.github/release-drafter.yml ones

Not that I know but I think it's a good idea! I encountered the same need on jenkins-infra repositories.

> Additionally if the standard colours for the labels had been defined somewhere to avoid having conflicting label colours.

Same.

Do you mind opening a help desk issue with this request?

Ullrich Hafner

Mar 31, 2023, 8:23:16 AM3/31/23
to JenkinsCI Developers

Tim Jacomb

Mar 31, 2023, 10:01:14 AM3/31/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
It can be setup at the org level as a repository default, Gavin also had an app where you could click a button and it would set it all up for your repository

Jesse Glick

Mar 31, 2023, 10:55:13 AM3/31/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Mar 31, 2023 at 10:01 AM Tim Jacomb <timja...@gmail.com> wrote:
It can be setup at the org level as a repository default, Gavin also had an app where you could click a button and it would set it all up for your repository

If there is something that works to at least copy labels from `jenkinsci/.github` on a one-off basis, that would be very helpful and ought to be documented at https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/publishing/releasing-cd/ (or perhaps elsewhere also, since it is useful even for MRP-based plugins).

Gavin Mogan

Mar 31, 2023, 10:58:49 AM3/31/23
to Jenkins Developers
I made https://plugins-self-service-3ir4b.ondigitalocean.app/ a while ago.

It'll fail to load for admins because they have access to every repo. But should still probably work for everyone else.

I have no issue with it being forked into Jenkins if someone wants to own it.

jn...@cloudbees.com

Jul 31, 2023, 7:50:45 AM7/31/23
to Jenkins Developers
Hi Gavin,

I just tried this now and it failed with "GraphqlError: Nullability mismatch on variable $color1 and argument color (String / String!)"

/James