[Jenkins Development Support for IntelliJ IDEA] another file type registration regression.

Denys Digtiar

Sep 15, 2022, 1:22:40 AM9/15/22
to Jenkins Developers
It looks like the rename of the plugin might have caused an unintended consequence that I missed. It is rather surprising given the ID of the plugin has not changed.

I am not sure if it is generic or depends on a certain sequence of events.

It looks like `jelly` and `jellytag` somehow end up in the "Removed Mappings" which prevents them from being associated with XML again.

On macOS it is visible in ~/Library/Application Support/JetBrains/<ideversion>/options/filetypes.xml. Following tags should not be there as far as I understand

      <removed_mapping ext="jelly" approved="true" type="XML" />
      <removed_mapping ext="jellytag" approved="true" type="XML" />

I deleted the above two lines and restarted IntelliJ which restored the file type association.

Or you can just manually associate in Editor > File Types.

Sorry for inconvenience. It annoyingly breaks in rather unexpected circumstances.

Tim Van Holder

Sep 21, 2022, 11:13:04 AM9/21/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Just for the record, IntelliJ seems to have updated this plugin by itself (possibly when updating IntelliJ itself), and I had no issue opening Jelly files.