one-shot-executor-plugin

Alex Earl

Mar 15, 2023, 7:12:54 PM3/15/23
to Jenkins Developer List
The One Shot Executor Plugin (https://github.com/jenkinsci/one-shot-executor-plugin) has never had a release. It looks like it was part of a hackathon type thing. It looks like there are some issues in Jenkins core that might need to be updated/changed to make the idea more robust. I am not sure how much Nicolas is involved with Jenkins, or if this is something that people are still interested in having. Would this be the best way to get a common framework for one shot executors? Is there another way to have an executor only around for one run? I am implementing a cloud plugin for something internal at my company and want to have a single shot executor like this.

Thanks,

Alex

Jesse Glick

Mar 15, 2023, 9:24:20 PM3/15/23
to Jenkins Dev

Alex Earl

Mar 15, 2023, 9:25:50 PM3/15/23
to Jenkins Developer List
Awesome, thanks for pointing that out! Much appreciated!

Alexander Brandes

Mar 16, 2023, 4:47:33 AM3/16/23
to Jenkins Developers
> That experiment was indeed abandoned

If it's abandoned, we should archive the repository then.