Remove Suggestimate from issues.jenkins.io?

Mark Waite

Mar 11, 2024, 9:48:21 AMMar 11
to Jenkins Developers
The Jenkins Jira instance uses a Jira datacenter license that is donated to the Jenkins project by Atlassian.

The Suggestimate plugin is installed on the Jenkins Jira instance and is reporting that its license has expired.  The Suggestimate pricing page says that the plugin would cost $4500 per year based on the number of users of our Jira instance.  The question and answer section indicates that our donated Jira Datacenter license does not include the license for the plugin.

I propose that we should remove that plugin from issues.jenkins.io rather than pay a licensing fee for the plugin.

Any objections to the removal of that plugin from issues.jenkins.io?

Mark Waite

Bruno Verachten

Mar 11, 2024, 9:50:27 AMMar 11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Fine with me.

Alexander Brandes

Mar 11, 2024, 10:21:08 AMMar 11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1

Ullrich Hafner

Mar 11, 2024, 10:38:57 AMMar 11
to JenkinsCI Developers
+1

Basil Crow

Mar 11, 2024, 11:42:39 AMMar 11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
+1

Tim Jacomb

Mar 11, 2024, 12:00:25 PMMar 11
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
According to their website it's free for open source projects:

I think it's just in a bit of a state of confusion due to Atlassian's retirement of server and our moving to data center.

Is it worth trying to get the plugin relicensed, e.g. does it provide benefit by preventing some duplicate tickets being filed?

Mark Waite

Mar 11, 2024, 12:16:20 PMMar 11
to Jenkins Developers
On Monday, March 11, 2024 at 10:00:25 AM UTC-6 Tim wrote:
According to their website it's free for open source projects:

Thanks for that link.  I'm not sure what the "standard Atlassian procedure" for an open source license is, especially since we're using a Jira Datacenter license and I believe that most open source projects are using Jira cloud.

The Linux Foundation administrator has renewed the licenses for the two Jira plugins with expired licenses.  We can consider this closed, since the plugin license is renewed.

I think it's just in a bit of a state of confusion due to Atlassian's retirement of server and our moving to data center.

Is it worth trying to get the plugin relicensed, e.g. does it provide benefit by preventing some duplicate tickets being filed?

I've personally not seen any benefit from it, but I'm not a representative sample of Jenkins issue submitters.  I plan to leave the plugin as it is, installed and available on issues.jenkins.io

Mark Waite