Random String Parameter Plugin has several vulnerabilities

Khachatur Ashotyan

Sep 7, 2022, 8:11:36 AM9/7/22
to Jenkins Developers
Hello!

I'm not sure, that I want to adopt this plugin, but it is abandoned and vulnerable as described here, so some administrator may merge this PR's. I'm ready to maintain this plugin.

https://www.jenkins.io/security/advisory/2022-05-17/#SECURITY-2717

Mark Waite

Sep 7, 2022, 9:00:22 AM9/7/22
to Jenkins Developers
On Wednesday, September 7, 2022 at 6:11:36 AM UTC-6 you wrote:
Hello!

I'm not sure, that I want to adopt this plugin, but it is abandoned and vulnerable as described here, so some administrator may merge this PR's. I'm ready to maintain this plugin.

https://www.jenkins.io/security/advisory/2022-05-17/#SECURITY-2717

Thanks for being willing to maintain the plugin.  That's great.

In order to maintain the plugin, you need to adopt it.  You said that you're not sure if you want to adopt it.  If you would like to adopt it,  the "Adopt a plugin" page describes the steps.

Mark Waite

Daniel Beck

Sep 7, 2022, 9:10:36 AM9/7/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 2:11 PM Khachatur Ashotyan <khachatur...@gmail.com> wrote:
I'm not sure, that I want to adopt this plugin, …. I'm ready to maintain this plugin.

Could you clarify what you mean, because these don't seem to go together? We call it "adoption" when someone starts maintaining an abandoned plugin.