Status of 2.300 and 2.289.2

Daniel Beck

Jun 30, 2021, 1:20:36 PM6/30/21
to JenkinsCI Developers
Hi everyone,

Today we released Jenkins 2.300 and 2.289.2 with security fixes.

Due to an unexpected Artifactory problem during publication, we were unable to publish the staged Maven artifacts to the repo.jenkins-ci.org/releases repository ('releases') as we usually do. As a workaround, we made the staging repository 'camilla' public and added that to the virtual repositories 'public' and 'releases-20210630' (which is completely new), referencing them in various parts of the infra as needed to make sure we could create Docker images, and advertise the releases through update center and on jenkins.io.

So while we've published these releases to users, they do not currently exist in the 'releases' repository. This is only temporary. Once Artifactory is back to normal we'll copy these artifacts over and revert all workarounds. For this reason I would discourage you all from referencing 'camilla' or 'releases-20210630' directly, as these will be removed once no longer needed. Most poms use 'public' to obtain dependencies, and that should just work (and continue to work).

--

Daniel Beck
Staff Software Engineer

Daniel Beck

Jul 16, 2021, 7:23:19 AM7/16/21
to JenkinsCI Developers
Hi everyone,

Yesterday, JFrog support changed something in Artifactory and I was able to copy Jenkins 2.289.2 and 2.300 to the expected releases repo.

Rather than a few seconds, the copy operation took about an hour however, and between 11 PM CEST yesterday until around 9 AM CEST today, the maven-metadata.xml for the various core-related artifacts claimed that 2.289.2 and 2.300 were the only releases ever. If you've seen weird behavior during that time, that may be the cause.

I'm currently reverting all the various workarounds: The camilla and releases-20210630 Maven repos are no longer available; The jenkins-infra/jenkins.io, jenkinsci/docker, and jenkins-infra/update-center2 workarounds have been reverted.