Re: Plugin Development: Can't add another plugin as dependency

Gavin Mogan

Sep 24, 2021, 1:46:36 AM9/24/21
to Jenkins Developers
I think it's because you put the dependancy in the dependancy management section

I think you need a raw dependencies section

Gavin

On Wed., Sep. 22, 2021, 5:22 a.m. t4k30ff, <valentin.r...@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

Since i am new to plugin-development (and Jenkins as well) my
knowledge is not that great so it would be great if somebody helps me out.

I am programming with eclipse and since i want to track the agents of pipeline-builds i need to implement the GraphListener interface in one of my classes. In order to do that - at least in my understanding - i need to add the workflow-api plugin as a dependency in maven.
So i did that but neither eclipse nor maven would know the packages. (At least i assume this but i can't be shure because nothing is happening).

I already tried things from this tutorial (adding the jar manually) but nothing worked so far.

Since i had some complications regarding setting up my eclipse project i have the .m2/settings.xml from this tutorial. So the jar file for the requested dependency is  already on my pc.

So in the end, everytime i do a mvn compile i get a package does not exist and a cannot find symbol error.

I attached my GraphListener implementation, pom.xml, settings.xml and a debug-log of a mvn comlie command if needed.

Thanks for your help

t4k30ff

Sep 28, 2021, 10:13:33 AM9/28/21
to Jenkins Developers