[Information] 2FA will be enforced in jenkinsci organization

wfoll...@cloudbees.com

Aug 4, 2023, 8:35:05 AM8/4/23
to Jenkins Developers
Hello there,

The jenkinsci administrators have recently received a message from GitHub, that will enforce 2FA setting for more people. It's not related to our settings but a process GitHub is pushing to enforce better security.

The next wave will be for users who have published at least one release in the past. Also note that the scope will increase over time.

For the jenkinsci organization, ~75% of users in scope have already the 2FA in place.

You can read more about this in their blogpost from March 2023.

Best regards,

Wadeck Follonier
Jenkins Security officer

Oleg Nenashev

Aug 9, 2023, 4:27:06 AM8/9/23
to Jenkins Developers
Thanks a lot for driving it!
+100 for going forward, though there are some GitHub bots to be affected. Which is probably a good thing anyway

Alexander Brandes

Nov 28, 2023, 1:23:20 PM11/28/23
to Jenkins Developers
Hey everyone,

GitHub reached out to us jenkinsci admins once again and shared, that they will roll out 2FA requirements for administrators of enterprises and organizations within the next wave.

Roughly 60% of users in scope have 2FA set up.

We're on a good way to getting more and more people on board of 2FA :)

Cheers,
Alex