Want to contribute, but i'm a newbie

Abhishek Kumar Tiwari

Sep 15, 2022, 10:18:20 AM9/15/22
to Jenkins Platform SIG
I really want to contribute in "Automatic git cache maintenance on the controller".But I only know the basics of java , i'm a new comer, so can you please help me in knowing what exactly should i do or point me to some resources which i can follow up.

Mark Waite

Sep 15, 2022, 3:01:57 PM9/15/22
to Jenkins Platform SIG
On Thursday, September 15, 2022 at 8:18:20 AM UTC-6 you wrote:
I really want to contribute in "Automatic git cache maintenance on the controller".But I only know the basics of java , i'm a new comer, so can you please help me in knowing what exactly should i do or point me to some resources which i can follow up.

That was a Google Summer of Code 2022 project.  Hrushikesh Rao was accepted for that project and is in the very last few days before end of coding.  You'll be able to see his final summary on  the automatic cache maintenance project page.

If you'd like to help with the testing of his implementation, you can see the work in the pull request.

See the participate page for ways that you can become involved in the Jenkins project.  Hacktoberfest is coming and is one very good way to become more involved.

Mark Waite