Newcomer, Contribution to Automatic git cache maintenance on the controller project

Pavan Venkata Sai B

Sep 23, 2022, 10:48:13 AM9/23/22
to Jenkins Platform SIG
Hello Everyone,
I'm a newcomer and this is my first project which i am excited to work on.
I just know the basics of java and i want to improve it and help to solve issues and make this project successful. I just need some guidance and a mentor.
Thank you

Mark Waite

Sep 24, 2022, 7:35:39 AM9/24/22
to Jenkins Platform SIG
Jenkins Platform SIG meetings are listed on the Jenkins project web site at https://www.jenkins.io/sigs/platform/#meetings

The git cache maintenance project was a Google Summer of Code 2022 project.  The remaining work on that project is mostly related to testing and code review.  You're welcome to assist with testing and code review. See the project page at https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2022/projects/automatic-git-cache-maintenance/

If you'd rather learn about other topics, see https://www.jenkins.io/participate/ for recommended ways to participate in the Jenkins project.

If you'd like to immediately start working in Java, see https://www.jenkins.io/doc/developer/tutorial-improve/ .  That is a recently created tutorial that guides new contributors through the steps to create several small but useful pull requests to a plugin they select.