ANN: Jenkins has been accepted to GSoC 2020!

Oleg Nenashev

Feb 26, 2020, 8:53:06 AM2/26/20
to JenkinsCI Developers, jenkins-advocacy...@googlegroups.com, jenkinsci-gsoc-all-public, Jenkins Platform SIG, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG, jenkins-pipelin...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

On behalf of the Jenkins Google Summer of Code org team, I am happy to announce that the Jenkins project has been accepted to GSoC this year. Congrats and thanks to all mentors, org admins and students who have contributed to it!

Right now we have 18 confirmed project ideas and more than 20 potential mentors, and we are looking for more. If you are missing any big features in Jenkins, GSoC is a great opportunity to get this project done. Suggesting project ideas for your own plugins in is also fine! It may be a great experience and time investment. Detailed mentor guidelines are available herePlease also see this announcement blog post by Martin d'Anjou for more details

If you are a potential student, we invite you to explore our project ideas. The application period begins on March 16th, but we invite interested students to reach out to organizations early in order to get more feedback before submitting their applications. Student guidelines are available here.

Additional links:
Oleg Nenashev
Jenkins GSoC Org team