Java 10 support

i...@stardog.io

Apr 26, 2018, 2:05:20 PM4/26/18
to Jenkins JaCoCo plugin mailing list
JaCoCo 0.8.1, released Mar 22, added Java 10 support, which seems to work for my projects (generates HTML reports, doesn't crash).

But since I've upgraded to Java 10, Jenkins has stopped providing coverage reports. After investigating, I suspect that the Jenkins JaCoCo plugin needs to be updated to support Java 10 / JaCoCo 0.81. Am I correct about that? And is this work currently planned or in progress? I couldn't find an existing ticket for it in JIRA.

Thanks for this very helpful plugin!

Dominik Stadler

Apr 26, 2018, 4:49:51 PM4/26/18
to jenkins-jacoco-pl...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately not much experience with Java 10 on my side and also not much time to invest...

I tried quickly, but failed to even compile using Java 10 with various errors, after some plugin-updates it fails with more errors, all related to Java 9/10 support in various used parts, e.g. Jenkins, Maven, ... it seems to me that the overall infrastructure for building/running Jenkins is not matured enough to compile against Java 10.

I pushed some of the plugin updates to Github which fix the first two errors, maybe you want to take it from there?

It may also work now if you build the latest master with Java 8 and then use it with Java 10 as I updated JaCoCo to 0.8.1 in the plugin.

Dominik.

Ian White

Apr 27, 2018, 8:55:28 AM4/27/18
to jenkins-jacoco-pl...@googlegroups.com
My projects are using Java 9 and 10, but Jenkins itself is still running 8 (to my knowledge Java 9+ is not yet supported by Jenkins). I just use the newer JDKs to build my projects. So for now there's no pressing need that I can see to get the plugin to build on Java 10 -- it just needs to be able to collect and present the output from a Java 10 JaCoCo test run. Apologies if I was a little unclear on that.

The good news is, I tried as you suggested, building using Java 8 from your latest master, with the updated dependency on JaCoCo 0.8.1, and my coverage reporting is back! I am still missing the detailed line-by-line source coverage (it shows an "Error reading the sourcefile" message), but I'm not sure if that's a plugin problem or my project's problem, as I rarely use that feature. I may dig into that some more later, but it's much lower priority for me than having the trend and class/package data back.

Thank you for the help!

Modestas Mikuckas

May 9, 2018, 2:54:59 PM5/9/18
to Jenkins JaCoCo plugin mailing list
Hello guys,

I have same problem, do you plan to release new jacoco plugin version to everyone?

respectfully