export jacoco report from jacoco jenkins plugin

Jennie

Oct 26, 2020, 10:40:19 AM10/26/20
to Jenkins JaCoCo plugin mailing list
Hi,

I hope someone can give me some insights. I'm using jacoco jenkins plugin for integrated testing coverage. I have result from jenkins, now I have a need to use coverage data outside of Jenkins. I can use jenkins rest api to export the "Overall Coverage Summary" data by using /...buildNumber/jacoco/api/json endpoint, however, I'm not sure how to export data for "Coverage Breakdown by Package", /...buildNumber/jacoco/api/json doesn't include that.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Jennie

Dominik Stadler

Oct 26, 2020, 11:47:26 AM10/26/20
to jenkins-jacoco-pl...@googlegroups.com

The JaCoCo Jenkins Plugin does not target this use-case currently. But as you run jacoco as part of your build-system already, the easiest is to configure the proper report as part of your build and export it as part of the Jenkins configuration as "artifact" of the build. E.g .the XML report is the machine readable format, HTML is more human readable.

Dominik.