1Password tram for Jenkins passwords?

Oleg Nenashev

Nov 2, 2021, 5:42:54 AM11/2/21
to Jenkins Infrastructure, JenkinsCI Developers
Hi all,

1Password launched a free offering open source teams: https://github.com/1Password/1password-teams-open-source. From what I see we are compliant with sponsorship conditions.

We have quite a lot of passwords we use, especially in Advocacy & Outreach (Zoom, Twitter accounts, etc.). It would be generally useful if we could transfer these passwords to a shared storage so that we could share them with people, track access and credential leaks.

The same might be useful for infrastructure accounts if it don't have SSO, and for various test accounts we have.

WDYT? I thin

Best regards,
Oleg

Matt Sicker

Nov 2, 2021, 3:29:53 PM11/2/21
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, Jenkins Infrastructure
Definitely a good idea. Credentials sharing should always use a
dedicated password management or vault style service. 1password is
fairly easy to use, too.

Gavin Mogan

Nov 3, 2021, 4:46:40 PM11/3/21
to Jenkins Infrastructure, Jenkins Developers
They also have an open source program - https://github.com/1Password/1password-teams-open-source

Being open source, i've heard really amazing things about bitwarden, but I don't know if their pricing would support jenkins. And I get the impression we wouldn't want to host it on our infra.

So +1 for 1password for me (I personally use lastpass, and bet they would also be happy to sponsor).

Gavin

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Infrastructure" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkins-infra/CACmp6koTJrcz633KvgBMVFZPLDWjrxxzfTQv3Or4QbrVFhg_pw%40mail.gmail.com.