Re: Succession of timeouts during Docker actions on ci.jenkins.io

Tim Jacomb

Jan 4, 2022, 11:47:20 AMJan 4
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hmm this isn’t what we were discussing though, this is using ci.Jenkins.io which uses a different cluster as far as I know

Cc infra

On Tue, 4 Jan 2022 at 15:19, Mark Waite <mark.ea...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Tuesday, January 4, 2022 at 5:57:04 AM UTC-7 Chris Kilding wrote:
Hi,

Timeouts related to the Docker Maven Plugin are causing some plugin builds to fail on ci.jenkins.io. The error message is usually along the lines of:

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute goal io.fabric8:docker-maven-plugin:0.38.0:start (start-moto) on project <plugin>: I/O Error

Yes.  The Azure Kubernetes Service made a change in December that amplified some existing issues in the Jenkins public kubernetes cluster.  The infra team is actively working to resolve the issue.

It was discussed in today's infra team meeting.  A recording of the infra team meeting should be available on community.jenkins.io within the next 24-36 hours.

Mark Waite

Damien Duportal

Jan 4, 2022, 12:46:35 PMJan 4
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Thanks for reporting and pinging us!

I confirm that this timeout error is not related to the Jenkins Kubernetes plugin issue that we face on others Jenkins instances (it’s a VM agent with a Docker Engine in this case).
(The "fabric8" component from the error stack was misleading @Mark ;) ).

We (infra-team) started to check this issue earlier today, and we are on the process to reproduce it.

@Chris, If you have any way to configure the maven-docker plugin to report the equivalent of the commands `docker ps`, `docker logs <moto container ID>` and `docker inspect <moto container ID>` that would be awesome.
Also, if you can try to pull the latest moto image (which is the tag used) and see if it continues working on your environment?

=> On our side we will continue diagnostics tomorrow, by executing the commands on an ephemeral VM based on the same template as ci.jenkins.io to see if we can reproduce the issue with the exact same tools (same kernel, same Docker, same Maven, same JDK). We’ll keep you updated.

Cheers

Damien

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Infrastructure" group.
To view this discussion on the web, visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkins-infra/CAH-3Bie4Gd2ueR7Hma9%2ByGrnCN-abUABcwTQbCgzjkkXqydf8Q%40mail.gmail.com.