Mirror list as text or json

Henry Cole

Nov 24, 2023, 10:04:09 AM11/24/23
to Jenkins Infrastructure
Hi all
Just checking if there is any public maintained list of active mirrors in plain text or json format?
Essentially we would like to automate our proxy exceptions to allow Jenkins to update where the server on which it resides does not have internet access except via a restrictive proxy.
It would be great if there's a list we can pull programmatically.
Thanks
Henry

Mark Waite

Nov 24, 2023, 10:11:01 AM11/24/23
to Jenkins Infrastructure
I think that you could follow the redirect from https://updates.jenkins.io/latest/jenkins.war?mirrorlist  and read the page contents.

Damien Duportal

Nov 24, 2023, 10:32:12 AM11/24/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Good point!

I've opened https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues/3832 to track the work related to this task.

@Henry Cole would you be willing to help us?

Henry Cole

Nov 24, 2023, 11:43:34 AM11/24/23
to Jenkins Infrastructure
Thanks for the replies, I've subscribed to the issue on GitHub.
I'd be more than happy to help work on this, it should be relatively straightforward I think

Hervé Le Meur

Jan 30, 2024, 5:06:58 AMJan 30
to Jenkins Infrastructure
Hello Henry,

This message to inform you that https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helpdesk/issues/3832 has been completed.

You'll find the corresponding mirrors list at https://reports.jenkins.io/infrastructure/v1/index.json

Let us know if there are other info that could be useful and you'd like in this format/report.

Regards,

Hervé for the Jenkins Infrastructure team