Netlify Sponsorship/supporter

Gavin Mogan

Dec 21, 2021, 8:04:55 PM12/21/21
to Jenkins Infrastructure, Jenkins Governance Board
Hi Board and Infra List.

I've been playing around with Netlify for plugins.jenkins.io to see how hard it would be to get demo sites deployed for every PR. Turns out super easy with plugin site, and I don't think much harder with jenkins.io - Ex https://github.com/jenkins-infra/plugin-site/pull/939

As we already use them for status.jenkins.io, I reached out to them asking if we can get an open-source account so we can host status, and plugins-site-pr, and Jenkins-io-pr.

They are onboard, but want us to list them on jenkins.io so I've created a PR to do so - https://github.com/jenkins-infra/jenkins.io/pull/4779

Does anyone on either list have any objections to me merging and pursuing this?

Gavin

Mark Waite

Dec 21, 2021, 10:13:10 PM12/21/21
to Jenkins Infrastructure, Jenkins Governance Board
No objections from me.  As you noted, we're already using their free service to host status.jenkins.io.  Very reasonable to recognize them on that page as providing a free service that we use.

Mark Waite

Gavin

Damien Duportal

Dec 22, 2021, 2:43:37 AM12/22/21
to Jenkins Infrastructure
+100 for me : Netlify is a really nice service, they provide nice tools, and the scope of using it for PRs does not have any harm (maintenance is close to zero), while it provides great added value for contributors and reviewers.