Jenkins / Jira Account stopped working

Harald Göttlicher

Mar 8, 2022, 4:14:06 PM3/8/22
to Jenkins Infrastructure
Dear INFRA-Team,

I have an account (which was long back migrated from that old Sun Java portal).
It worked fine in Jenkins Jira, but suddenly I could not log in anymore.
It says "Sorry, your userid is required to answer a CAPTCHA question correctly.".
After that, it says "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.".

Also recovery sends nothing, neither with username nor e-mail, also not in Spam (https://accounts.jenkins.io/passwordReset).
But I can see my Account and the correct e-mail via and also Gravatar still works.

Is this a known problem? Can the account be restored?
Account name is harrygg

Thanks!

Harald

Mark Waite

Mar 8, 2022, 4:29:38 PM3/8/22
to Jenkins Infrastructure
On Tue, Mar 8, 2022 at 2:14 PM 'Harald Göttlicher' via Jenkins Infrastructure <jenkin...@googlegroups.com> wrote:
Dear INFRA-Team,

I have an account (which was long back migrated from that old Sun Java portal).
It worked fine in Jenkins Jira, but suddenly I could not log in anymore.
It says "Sorry, your userid is required to answer a CAPTCHA question correctly.".
After that, it says "Sorry, your username and password are incorrect - please try again.".

Also recovery sends nothing, neither with username nor e-mail, also not in Spam (https://accounts.jenkins.io/passwordReset).

The email address assigned to your jenkins.io account 'harrygg' is not the same as the email address listed for your account at issues.jenkins.io.

Can you send an email message from the email address listed for your issues.jenkins.io account to mark (dot) earl (dot) waite at gmail?  That will confirm you know that email address and have control of that email address.

Alternatively, can you show that you have control of your GitHub account by forking the Jenkins git client plugin into your GitHub account?

Then we can reset the email address on your jenkins.io account and reset the password.