Adding a mirror in India, US and APAC

Anastasios Skoudros

Oct 3, 2022, 12:34:36 PM10/3/22
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com
Hi Team,

We would like to add a mirror in a few locations, can you share details of this process and potential costs if you have any ideas?

We are thinking of adding mirrors in;
  1. India - priority 1
  2. Apac - priority 2
Please let me know how we can proceed.

Best regards
Tass
Tass Skoudros
Managing Director at Servana Managed Services Ltd
Oxford Point, 19 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8GS, United Kingdom
+44 1202 0265 22 ­+447900910085 ­ta...@servanamanaged.com ­servanamanaged.com/ ­
twitterlinkedintwitter
Tass Skoudros
Managing Director at Servana Managed Services Ltd
Oxford Point, 19 Oxford Road, Bournemouth, BH8 8GS, United Kingdom
+44 1202 0265 22 ­+447900910085 ­ta...@servanamanaged.com ­servanamanaged.com/ ­
twitterlinkedintwitter

It is our legal responsibility to inform you that any personal information we obtain will be processed in accordance with our Privacy Policy

The use of any of our services indicates an agreement and full understanding of our Terms and Conditions

Servana Managed Services Ltd is a limited company registered in England and Wales with number #10551720. VAT registered GB-284560287.

Mark Waite

Oct 3, 2022, 5:52:40 PM10/3/22
to Jenkins Infrastructure
On Monday, October 3, 2022 at 10:34:36 AM UTC-6 Anastasios Skoudros wrote:
Hi Team,

We would like to add a mirror in a few locations, can you share details of this process and potential costs if you have any ideas?

We are thinking of adding mirrors in;
  1. India - priority 1
  2. Apac - priority 2
Please let me know how we can proceed.

Mirrors need 100 GB of disc space to start.  I expect bandwidth demands will be quite high, especially in a popular location like India.   https://www.jenkins.io/download/mirrors/ gives a high level overview of the current mirrors

https://github.com/jenkins-infra/helm-charts/blob/main/charts/mirrorbits/README.md#howto provides the instructions that we'll follow in the Jenkins infrastructure team to add a mirror to the infrastructure.

Current mirror locations are listed at https://get.jenkins.io/war/2.371/jenkins.war?mirrorstats Users in India are currently served by the mirror at Tsinghua University in China.

Thanks,
Mark Waite