Fwd: Urgent: Security Vulnerability Report in Jenkins Build Logs Access

Devanshu Kabra

Aug 9, 2023, 2:27:48 PM8/9/23
to jenkin...@googlegroups.com

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Devanshu Kabra <devansh...@gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 9 Aug 2023 at 12:29
Subject: Urgent: Security Vulnerability Report in Jenkins Build Logs Access
To: <jenkins...@googlegroups.com>

Dear Jenkins Team,

I hope this email finds you well. I am writing to bring a potential security vulnerability to your attention that I recently discovered while conducting security research. I believe it's crucial to address this issue promptly to ensure the security and integrity of Jenkins deployments.

During my investigation, I identified an instance where build logs and potentially sensitive data are accessible through a Jenkins page without requiring proper authentication. This situation raises concerns about data exposure and information leakage, which could potentially lead to unauthorized access and misuse of sensitive information.

I would like to emphasize that the primary intention behind this communication is to assist in addressing the security concern I observed. As a responsible security researcher, I am committed to promoting a safer and more secure online environment for everyone.

To ensure the utmost confidentiality and professionalism, I have refrained from disclosing any specific details or data related to the affected company's infrastructure. I recognize the importance of handling security matters with sensitivity and discretion.

I kindly request your assistance in investigating and addressing this matter. If you would like to proceed, I am prepared to provide further technical details about the vulnerability in a secure manner, either through a secure channel of your choice or by following your recommended process for responsible disclosure.

Please let me know the best way to proceed and collaborate in resolving this security issue. Your prompt attention to this matter is greatly appreciated, and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your commitment to security and for your efforts in maintaining the integrity of Jenkins and its associated ecosystem.

Best regards,
Devanshu kabra

Mark Waite

Aug 9, 2023, 2:33:59 PM8/9/23
to Jenkins Infrastructure
Thanks for your interest and thanks for being prepared to follow good security reporting practices.

https://www.jenkins.io/security/#reporting-vulnerabilities describes the locations for reporting security vulnerabilities and the processes used by the Jenkins project.

Mark Waite