Being a mentor for the CloudEvents Plugin project, GSOC' 21

Rohit Mazumder

May 18, 2021, 12:19:02 PM5/18/21
to Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Hello team,

I am Rohit Mazumder. I am currently working as a Lead SDE in a Stealth mode startup in, US. I have previously interned as an SDE at Amazon and CodeChef.
I'm extremely intrigued by the project described here: https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/2021/project-ideas/cloudevents-plugin/.
I would love to be involved in this project and work closely with the student as a mentor(if possible) to achieve the goals of this project. I would be able to dedicate 5-7 hours per week throughout the GSoC period.
If I can be involved in the mentoring program, please kindly point me to the next steps - meeting hours, any additional documents that I need to follow up on.

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit Mazumder.

Kara de la Marck

May 18, 2021, 1:51:01 PM5/18/21
to Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Hi Rohit,

Thank you for reaching out. We would welcome your participation as a mentor for the CloudEvents plugin for Jenkins.

Shruti Chaturvedi has been accepted as a GSoC 2021 participant to work on the CloudEvents plugin.

Over the next week or so we will organise our mentor meeting schedule, but for the time being please do join the following meetings if possible:

Jenkins GSoC Office Hours, every Wednesday 12:00 UTC (https://www.jenkins.io/events/). This meeting is a source of information on participating in GSoC as part of the Jenkins project.

I cannot be at this Wednesday's meeting, but please do join if you can as it will provide a good introduction to Jenkins GSoC.

Jenkins Cloud Native SIG meetings, every Friday 11:00 UTC (https://github.com/jenkinsci/sig-cloud-native). This is a forum for us to discuss all cloud native Jenkins initiatives. Recently, we have been discussing the Cloud Events plugin and the Tekton Client plugin. All are welcome. Please do join if you can!

In addition, please join the following communication channels:
Additionally, would you like GSoC related emails to be sent to mazumde...@gmail.com

Kind regards,
Kara de la Marck

Rohit Mazumder

May 19, 2021, 1:31:03 AM5/19/21
to Kara de la Marck, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Hello Kara,

Thanks. I'll be there. Just one query, the Jenkins GSoC office hours are shown to be from 14:00 UTC in the events calendar. Is it from 12:00 UTC or 14:00 UTC?

Kind regards,
Rohit Mazumder.

Kara de la Marck

May 19, 2021, 7:58:14 AM5/19/21
to Rohit Mazumder, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Hi Rohit,

Fantastic that you are on board to mentor for GSoC CloudEvents plugin for Jenkins. The GSoC office hours today are at 14:00 UTC. Apologies for the incorrect time in my last email.

Best wishes,
Kara

Rohit Mazumder

May 20, 2021, 1:20:35 PM5/20/21
to Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Hi Kara,

I haven't been able to join the CDF Slack mentioned by you, as I do not possess one of those listed domains. Could you kindly send me an invitation to join the channel?
Also, I was reading the information for mentors(https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/mentors/) that asks us to join the mentor mailing list and also to register our name in the google system. I haven't found the proper link to the mentor mailing list for 2021, and registering in the Google system is probably going to require an invitation from the organization. Could you kindly help me in these regards?

Thanks & Regards,
Rohit Mazumder.

Oleg Nenashev

May 20, 2021, 1:24:57 PM5/20/21
to Rohit Mazumder, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG

You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Jenkins Cloud Native SIG" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/jenkins-cloud-native-sig/4e22c251-15c2-4deb-8cad-1d46767542d3n%40googlegroups.com.