Fwd: Looking for projects for Lakeside Hackathon from Nov 5 - 7

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 5, 2021, 5:56:32 AM10/5/21
to Grabner, Andreas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Hi all!

We, as the Jenkins community, are invited to participate in the Lakeside Hackathon on the weekend of Nov 05-07. The event will take place in the EMEA timezone but should be generally okay for the APAC timezone too. https://www.meetup.com/en-AU/lakeside-hackathon/events/277684675/

Would anyone be interested to suggest a project idea or to participate? I'd guess we have quite a lot of topics in the Cloud Native tool interoperability space, especially in the area of Tekton integrations and observability with OpenTelemetry and CloudEvents.

P.S: I might be able to attend, but it depends on my personal stuff.

Best regards,
Oelg Nenashev

On Tue, Oct 5, 2021 at 11:10 AM Grabner, Andreas <andreas...@dynatrace.com> wrote:

Hi Oleg

We discussed this upcoming Hackathon via LinkedIn. Thought to send you a more “official” email that we are also sending out to other open source community leads in the hope they are joining us for that hackathon. Thanks in advance for your help on this 😊

Dear Community Lead

I am reaching out with more details on our upcoming virtual Lakeside Hackathon with the theme “Cloud-native everywhere” from Nov 5 – Nov 7 (focus on Central European Timezone)

The goal is have teams work on prototypes, MVPs, extensions … to their favorite cloud native open source project. This is a great chance for existing communities to engage with new developers/contributors. Plus – we have an awesome Keynote by Sebastian Scheele, CTO of Kubermatic!

There are two things I am asking for:

1: Promote the event to potential attendees

We organize the event through meetup. Would be great if you could spread the word. Agenda and details are here: https://www.meetup.com/lakeside-hackathon/events/277684675/

2: Get somebody to pitch an idea by Oct 19th

What we really need is good project ideas and a lead that pitches that project on Day 1 and then takes the developers interested through the event to product the desired output.

If you have somebody in mind that wants to take this opportunity then please let them to

  1. sign up for the event via meetup
  2. send their idea to con...@lakeside.hackfest.com until Oct 19th
  3. reach out to me if they have any questions

Every attendee will get a goodie bag as a thank you!

Also feel free to forward this email to any other projects or community leads you think might be interested in this

Thanks in advance

Andi

This email may contain confidential information. If it appears this message was sent to you by mistake, please let us know of the error. In this case, we also ask that you do not further forward the content and delete it. Thank you for your cooperation and understanding. Dynatrace Austria GmbH (registration number FN 91482h) is a company registered in Linz whose registered office is at 4020 Linz, Austria, Am Fünfundzwanziger Turm 20.

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 8, 2021, 10:54:43 AM10/8/21
to Grabner, Andreas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG, Cyrille Le Clerc, Victor Martinez, gar...@bryncynfelin.co.uk
Hi all,

Anyone interested? :)
Added OpenTelemetry and CloudEvents leads to CC

Best regards,
Oleg

Mark Waite

Oct 8, 2021, 11:30:02 AM10/8/21
to Oleg Nenashev, Grabner, Andreas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Thanks for asking.  I won't be able to participate in that event.

Oleg Nenashev

Oct 21, 2021, 4:37:35 AM10/21/21
to Grabner, Andreas, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, Jenkins Cloud Native SIG
Hi, thanks a lot for the follow-up

I had similar experience with Russian speaking hackergarten I hosted this Sunday. The countries reopen (what is a good idea or not in some cases), and there's very little interest in remote events on the weekends. Shorts online meetups are still fine but workshops and hackathons are problematic.

I would be happy to participate in the event remotely if I manage to align it with my parenting responsibilities. That particular weekend wasn't a good option for me

BR, Oleg

On Thu, 21 Oct 2021, 10:00 Grabner, Andreas, <andreas...@dynatrace.com> wrote:

HI All

Thanks Oleg for reaching out to the Jenkins Community.

Unfortunately we have to postpone the Hackathon. Reason is that we got very minimal interest in a virtual event that is held on that weekend.

We got feedback that people are looking forward to an in-person event once it’s possible again like we did it pre-covid. So we are going to take this feedback and hope that next year we can run this again in the “South of Austria” like we did it pre-covid. We will then reach out again as I assume we will provide a Hybrid option opening it up to more people

Thanks again Oleg

All the best

Andi