Regarding contributing to Jenkins and GSoC

Jay Gondaliya

Dec 10, 2023, 5:03:06 AM12/10/23
to jenkins...@googlegroups.com, jenkins-advocacy...@googlegroups.com, jenkin...@googlegroups.com

Hi Jenkins Team,

I'm a fresh-faced (but enthusiastic!) beginner in the DevOps world, excited to learn and contribute to open-source projects. I've been particularly drawn to Jenkins, and I'm eager to dive into the world of CI/CD.

I'm still building my skills, but I'm eager to start contributing. I was wondering if you could point me towards some beginner-friendly projects and resources to get me started?

Additionally, I'm interested in learning more about potential Google Summer of Code 2024 opportunities within the Jenkins community. Any insights or project ideas for a newbie like me would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks for your time and support!

Best,

Jay Gondaliya

Jean-Marc Meessen

Dec 11, 2023, 6:08:14 AM12/11/23
to Jay Gondaliya, jenkins-advocacy...@googlegroups.com
Hello Jay,

Thank you for your interest in the Jenkins project and your enthusiasm to participate to Google Summer of Code 2024.

The best entry point for guidance is to carefully read the GSoC documentation available at https://www.jenkins.io/projects/gsoc/. This page will also point you to the more interactive gitter channel (jenkins/gsoc-sig). I strongly advise you to scroll through this channel as advice on how to start preparing an application has been given several times.

/- Jmm

Jean-Marc Meessen
Jenkins GSoC Org Admin