Community.jenkins.io as an alternative/replacement for Jenkins Blog?

1 view

Oleg Nenashev

Jun 20, 2021, 11:34:40 PM6/20/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, Jenkins Infrastructure
Hi all,

After experimenting with Discourse I find it much more convenient to write announcements and posts in Discourse than in jenkins.io. Documentation-as-code is great, but Discourse offers a good way to write announcements with WYSIWYG style, with Markdown and previews. As a contributor, I spend much less time writing an announcement or a blog, and hence I can create more valuable content within the same timeframe. I wonder whether we should adopt Discourse as a blogging engine to facilitate content creation.

Thanks for your feedback,
Oleg