Jenkins chapter on Bevy instead of Zoom/Meetup.com

Oleg Nenashev

Apr 15, 2022, 2:57:01 PM4/15/22
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, JenkinsCI Developers, Alyssa Tong, Mark Waite
Hi all,

Just a heads up, the CDF is gradually deprecating Zoom and meetup.com. There is no confirmed ETA for full shutdown, but it is expected to happen by the end of the year. The new Bevy-based community portal has been deployed on  https://community.cd.foundation. Basically it includes both Meetup.com replacement and a webinar platform that replaces Zoom and can also integrate with YouTube live streaming.

Currently we can create new chapters on the CDF Community portal, and I asked the CDF team to create a test Jenkins chapter. Now we have it on https://community.cd.foundation/jenkins/ . If you join the platform, I can make you event organizers upon request.

This year we will need to move all active Jenkins meetups, Governance Meeting and SIGs to the Bevy platform. It will likely require creation of multiple chapters there, and also outreach to meetup.com users in order to ensure they join the new platform. I kindly ask Alyssa to coordinate this effort as a Jenkins Events Officer. There is a #communitygroups channel on the CDF Slack where all the conversation happens

Best regards,
Oleg Nenashev

Alyssa Tong

Apr 15, 2022, 6:22:11 PM4/15/22
to Oleg Nenashev, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, JenkinsCI Developers, Alyssa Tong, Mark Waite
Thank you Oleg for sharing this information. I'd be happy to help w/ the coordination for Jenkins.
I'm now in the #communitygroups slack.

Tim Jacomb

May 23, 2022, 9:35:15 AM5/23/22
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Can you add me as an organiser please?

Oleg Nenashev

May 23, 2022, 11:27:03 AM5/23/22
to Tim Jacomb, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Sent the request to the CDF for adding Mark, Tim and Jean-Marc as organizers.
Alyssa has not registered on the platform yet