Support for password authentication was removed on August 13, 2021. Please use a personal access token instead.

Yasiru Sandeeptha

Aug 14, 2021, 5:03:41 AM8/14/21
to Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
Dear all,
Please help me to solve this problem. I created a GitHub access token. But when I add it to the Jenkins credentials, It is not showing in the dropdown list in freestyle job
jenkins.png

Mark Waite

Aug 14, 2021, 7:11:48 AM8/14/21
to Yasiru Sandeeptha, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG
You may have added it as the wrong credential type.  The git plugin supports only two credential types, (1) username / password and (2) private key.  For https authentication, the credential needs to be entered as a username / password credential type.  For ssh authentication, the credential needs to be entered as a private key.