Jenkins and CDF on LFX Insights

Oleg Nenashev

Jun 21, 2021, 12:42:01 AM6/21/21
to Sachin Gupta, Shubhra Kar, Mark Waite, Olivier Vernin, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, Tracy Miranda
Hi Sachin,

Thanks a lot for reaching out about LFX Insights and for onboarding the CDF and the Jenkins project there. We definitely need someone to continue the configuration before making it GA. For example, we need to connect Jenkins Jira, social media, Docker registry, and mailing lists.

Providing insights into the Jenkins community and the project is a very important thing. I have included the Jenkins Advocacy&Outreach SIG into the loop. I have also added Olivier and Mark into the loop, because they have been exploring the community analytics tools before. We actively use the https://devstats.cd.foundation/ service provided by the CDF/CNCF, and I believe Olivier still has a GrimoireLab instance set up for Jenkins. We also provide our own https://stats.jenkins.io/ service though it is rather focused on usage statistics.

Regarding the meeting with me, it is impossible for me in the next two weeks. I have been on sick leave, and there will be cdCon and the Jenkins Contributor summit next week. These events require a lot of preparation time, and a lot of follow-ups. I am also quite busy with LFX EasyCLA/Crowdfunding/Mentorship/Security adoption at the moment, and I would prefer to EasyCLA/Crowdfunding/Mentorship before embarking on LFX Insights. I am interested, but I do not want to juggle more tasks right now.

Good news is that there are many other contributors and community leaders in Jenkins! Maybe somebody else would be willing to lead this effort. This is why I shared it with Advocacy and Outreach SIG.

By the way, would you be interested to present LFX Insights and any other LFX tools at the upcoming Jenkins contributor summit on June 25th? We follow the unconference format there, and community analytics could be a good topic for the discussion there.

Best regards,
Oleg

On Thu, Jun 17, 2021, 22:46 Sachin Gupta <sgu...@linuxfoundation.org> wrote:
Hi Oleg,

I am from the LFX team and focus on the LFX Insights platform. I am not sure if you have already checked CDF on Insights but we have the project group on boarded on the platform and the data is syncing daily from various sources like Github, Groupsio and Twitter (we however have many more data source support like jenkins, slack etc). You can check out the CDF dashboards here https://insights.lfx.linuxfoundation.org/projects/cdf

Will you have any time sometime next week to take this discussion further. I can also walk you through the different dashboards/metrics and answer any questions that you might have.

Please let me know.
--

Best Regards,

Sachin Gupta

Technical Product Manager @LinuxFoundation

Sachin Gupta

Jun 21, 2021, 1:11:48 AM6/21/21
to Oleg Nenashev, Shubhra Kar, Mark Waite, Olivier Vernin, Jenkins Advocacy and Outreach SIG, Tracy Miranda
Hi Oleg,
Thank you for getting back to me. Very happy to meet the other members of the CDF project community here.
I would definitely like to work with the team here to set up and configure other data sources for the CDF projects as you mentioned.

I would definitely be interested in presenting in the Jenkins Contributor Summit. Could you please help me get the time slots available for that day? I'll be traveling to Austin from the Bay Area this week and will be there on the 25th so getting the approximate time slot for presenting would help me block the time.

Thanks,
Sachin