New news

William Winters

Dec 3, 2007, 1:46:06 PM12/3/07
to jenasixact...@googlegroups.com
Looks like there could be a plea agreement reached today.  Please stay tuned, everyone.

William

On Dec 3, 2007 12:10 PM, Anna Hirsch < word...@bigbuddyprogram.org> wrote:

What if we could do something where you didn't necessarily have to leave your office/work/school/computer(for the computer-glued people like me)?  Like start an email campaign/radio campaign/telephone campaign like a chain letter asking people to do something on Dec 6th, wherever they are, take a picture, and then send the picture in?  this maybe is too big an idea for this time...maybe another time...but i think it would be neat to see how people might show their solidarity on-the-job so to speak...

other ideas?

On Dec 3, 2007 12:04 PM, William Winters <uuadv...@gmail.com > wrote:
I want to remind everyone that Mychal Bell is scheduled to go on trial on Dec 6.

I would like to get some discussion going over the listserv to find out who might be interested in going to Jena on Thursday and who might be willing to help plan some kind of solidarity event here in Baton Rouge.

If you are interested in a solidarity event, what would you like to see?  Let's keep in mind considerations of time to prepare and advertise, along with space.

Also, if you are an LSU or Southern University student, will students on your campuses be engaging in organized activity on or around the sixth?

Thanks for your time, everyone.

--
William Winters, III
Advocacy Staff

--
Anna Hirsch
Big Buddy Teen Programs

"But this too is true; stories can save us."
Tim O'Brien
The Things They Carried

--
William Winters, III
Advocacy Staff
Unitarian Universalist Hurricane Relief and Social Justice Project

Rhonda Browning

Dec 3, 2007, 9:55:52 PM12/3/07
to jenasixact...@googlegroups.com
I heard on the news that Mychal pleaded guilty on the juvenile charge.  That boy was either threatened or paid.  He has always been in jail about 12 months.  They need to suspend the rest of his sentence.

Date: Mon, 3 Dec 2007 12:46:06 -0600
From: uuadv...@gmail.com
To: jenasixact...@googlegroups.com
Subject: [JenaSixActionPlanning] New news