You're Invited to the BRPN Silent Auction and Summer Social

Stacy Sauce

May 30, 2008, 12:04:46 PM5/30/08
Dear Friends,
I'm writing you because you are part of the progressive movement in Baton Rouge.  From healthcare and education reform, alternative transportation initiatives, labor organizing, and anti-war protests to advocating for youth, environmental justice, reproductive rights, racial equality, people with disabilities and more, you are a part of the movement.
On Saturday May 31st from 5-9pm, the Baton Rouge Progressive Network is hosting a Silent Auction and Summer Social at the home of Andy and Jessica Weber on 757 Maximillian Street. The ultimate purpose of this event is to bring together people working in different movements in our city. BRPN believes that a cohesive network of progressive people and thoughts can help every organization get closer to their goal of affecting change.

The event will feature:
  • tables displaying literature from/about different organizations in BR
  • complimentary wine and food
  • information about BRPN and our future initiatives
  • a silent auction to benefit BRPN

Please come and bring a friend.

If you have any questions, if you would like your organization/group to be represented at the literature tables, or if you'd like to donate anything, please contact Andy at direc...@gmail.com

Many of you are already familiar with BRPN's efforts to start a radio station (still pending with the FCC), but we are also working to create a comprehensive website with an events calendar and database of progressive groups in Baton Rouge, among other initiatives.
So tell your friends, the organizations with which you're affiliated, and come have some fun!

Best regards,
Stacy Sauce

BRPN_Auction_Flier.jpg

Doug Leyda

May 30, 2008, 1:38:56 PM5/30/08
to jenasixact...@googlegroups.com, iho...@gmail.com, Roberta Madden
Hi Stacy - what a great idea!  I'm just so sorry that I will miss the event.
Hopefully others from YWCA will be on hand and can share Dialogue on Race info, etc.
I wonder if it is possible for me to get a copy of handouts in absentia?
Thank you for organizing this!

Robbie, maybe folks at this event will be interested in signing up for the phase 1 part of CR&SJ.
Many are probably already on your mailing list, and some may not be.

:Doug
__________________________________
Doug Leyda          doug_...@msn.com
Family & Community Partnerships Manager