anyone attend Tech Crunch meet-up?

1 view

Michelle, Metric Voodoo

Sep 26, 2008, 12:22:27 AM9/26/08
to Jelly In Austin
I didn't find out about it until it was too late for me to get out of
another engagement. Did any of you go to the meet-up?

harp

Sep 26, 2008, 10:49:28 AM9/26/08
to jelly-i...@googlegroups.com
Nope...I would have liked to have gone but I was in the same boat as Michelle - learned about it too late.

Doug W

Sep 26, 2008, 12:28:55 PM9/26/08
to Jelly In Austin
I went, it was pretty cool. Each one of these I go to, they get
better. It's great to have Austin in the spotlight like that - and it
seems like there is momentum here. Every time I meet people imported
from Boston, Cali - moving here not just for the lifestyle, but
because they are being recruited by promising start-ups.

On Sep 25, 11:22 pm, "Michelle, Metric Voodoo"

Bryan Person

Sep 26, 2008, 1:10:00 PM9/26/08
to jelly-i...@googlegroups.com
I'm one of those Boston imports who did attend the TechCrunch party last night. It was loud and crowded, but I had some good conversations there. Really enjoying living in Austin!
--
Bryan Person
Social media evangelist and community organizer

Amy Lemen

Sep 26, 2008, 12:41:14 PM9/26/08
to jelly-i...@googlegroups.com
it was VERY cool. i met a lot of really interesting people doing some neat things with interactive, search, social media, and so much more.

technology now is so much more interesting than it was when i first started writing about it eight years ago. what's going on now are the kind of products, ideas and concepts that are very easy for the average joe or joanne to wrap their head around - because most are consumer apps directed to people like you and me.

even better, there's almost no need to ask for a noun - instead of hearing that a company is a "workable scalable solution provider" - when i ask what a company does. in my profession, i appreciate that immensely. :)

open bar, fascinating people, and i got to try on the original Indiana Jones hat. that alone was worth it. :)

Amy

Amy E. Lemen
freelance writer & journalist
shelter • fitness • travel • technology