Austin forum / BBS for small biz, startups, freelance, community

Stephen Gutknecht

Oct 21, 2008, 1:03:37 PM10/21/08
to jelly-i...@googlegroups.com
I can't seem to find it... active BBS for forum about Austin community
and small business? I'm looking for a forum with open discussion on
topics such as:

-- going freelance and discussing the local opportunties
-- small business startup discussions, peer to peer tips and discussion.
-- local licensing and permit discussions, new city regulations, etc.
-- locations in town to have non-profit meetings, rent office space, etc.
-- locally available grants, groups, funds
-- discussion of churches, etc.
-- discussion of local arts, film projects, etc

I know of door64, it is a great resource I recommend - but mostly
focused on larger technology firms and people. I see job seekers, but
not really what I call freelancers. And not a lot of discussion about
'starting a business', or 'where can I find a small biz savvy
accountant or bookkeeper', or 'what part of town would you suggest
opening a new coffee shop'?

I'm hoping there is some great active BBS website I just can't seem to find.

Thanks.

Richter, Eve

Oct 21, 2008, 1:05:39 PM10/21/08
to jelly-i...@googlegroups.com
There is also Bootstrap Austin, but it may not be precisely what you are
looking for. If you find this, let me know. If not, maybe we should
start one.

Eve Richter
Emerging Technologies Coordinator
Economic Growth & Redevelopment Services Office
(512) 974-1357

Visit www.AustinIsIt.org for the latest information about our Emerging
Technology initiative!