A very slightly annoying thing

rsava

Sep 3, 2008, 6:57:37 AM9/3/08
to Jello.Dashboard
I maybe doing something wrong as I do that quite often, but when I
create a task from an email, the task window always loses focus and
gets hidden behind all my other windows. Since I can sometimes have 8
or 9 windows open at a time the new task gets lost. If I'm trying to
multi task (which we all know really isn't multi-tasking) I forget
that the task is hidden and I create a new task again thinking it
didn't work the first time.

Anyone have this issue? Any fix/workaround? Using XP, Outlook 2003 and
the latest Jello. MMMMMM, Jello.

Richard Sava

dr.Uqbar

Sep 4, 2008, 3:21:23 PM9/4/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
I'm facing the same problem with my further developing in some machines. Maybe some event keeps focus in outlook window.
A solution I've found is this:
In the main.js file, find the function olItem() and replace the t.Display(); with the t.Display(true);
save the file and you're ready to go.
Unfortunately you will see the outlook form as modal which means you have to close it to work again with jello.

that's the best I could come up with!
regards
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Sivridis
Author and hobbyist Developer

rsava

Sep 8, 2008, 8:50:16 AM9/8/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Thanks for the suggestion. The only t.Display() I could find gave me
an error when I started Outlook. No biggie, as I said it was just a
very slightly annoying thing. I being more productive (when I'm not
procrastinating but thats another issue....) so the time I'm saving is
more than being made up for by using Jello. Keep up the great work!

Richard Sava