Categories vs. Tags with Jello+ Tagolocity

traycerb

Sep 14, 2008, 3:42:23 AM9/14/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Running Outlook2003, I was recently introduced to both GTD and Jello.
I've been through the walk-throughs and a couple of helpful posts, but
I'm confused a bit on Tags vs. Categories.

I started by creating a few Contexts and Projects from within Jello's
dashboard. When I tried to use Tagolocity's tag feature to use these
tags, it reported that no such tag existed and it would have to create
one. I looked at Outlook's category list via Edit / Categories, and
none of the Jello Categories are there, despite showing up in Jello's
homepage. This is confusing, as the blog reports that the Tagolocity
and Jello work together.

So am I fundamentally misunderstanding how these work?. Sorry if this
is a n00b question, but, I'm still new to this all.

thx.

dr.Uqbar

Sep 14, 2008, 6:53:00 AM9/14/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,

Did you check out the post on jello web page?
http://www.jello-dashboard.net/?p=39
Your jello contexts and projects should be inside brackets [] so taglocity can see them.

Unfortunately if you have outlook 2003 you cannot sync contexts and projects to outlook categories. This is available only for outlook 2007.

let me know if you need more help
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Sivridis
Author and hobbyist Developer

vexware

Sep 14, 2008, 12:41:36 PM9/14/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Thx for clearing up that Jello and Outlook 2003 can't sync
categories. That was my source of confusion. Yes, I did see that
post regarding Tagolocity, but a later comment said the brackets were
unnecessary (see http://www.jello-dashboard.net/?p=39#comment-503).
I'll play around with it and post an update here.

btw, it's still a great and much-appreciated program. when i complete
my initial sweep, i'll be sure to send a donation your way.,

--
ub