Reordering Tasks

1 view

Andrew

Aug 22, 2008, 1:22:12 PM8/22/08
to Jello.Dashboard
I really like alot of what I see in Jello, however what stops me using
it wholesale is that there is (as far as I can see) no way of easily
ordering tasks. To be fair the same limitation exists in Outlook
itself and thus the way I order my Projects is to use Microsoft
OneNote to set up bullted lists of tasks that I can each be used to
create Outlook tasks when needed. This has the added advantage that I
can set up hierarchies of tasks for large projects. I cannot see how
this can be done in Jello, which is a shame because I would much
prefer to have all my GTD stuff in one pacakage rather than flitting
between the 2.

I would be interested in anyone has any views or comments on this.

dr.Uqbar

Aug 22, 2008, 1:42:01 PM8/22/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
Hello Andrew,
Yes, you are right on this. It is not easy doing this in jello now.
The thing I am currently working on for the next version, is 1)priorities (so far I use the classic 1-2-3 and color codes) and 2)multi action tasks (not complete hierarchies, but something like it)

Maybe it will help you
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Sivridis
Author and hobbyist Developer

a.po...@sbcglobal.net

Aug 22, 2008, 4:12:26 PM8/22/08
to Jello.Dashboard
I realize I am adding to your work but I would like an "outline"
option. Frequently my tasks end up more than a prioritized to do and
less than a project.

An example of a day

1. go to post office
2. go to work
3. go to grocery store
3.1 hot dogs
3.2 buns
3.3 milk
4 pick up children.

I would like an easy way to do that kind of prioritizing. Also, while
I am asking, The child lists should move with the parent.

dr.Uqbar

Aug 23, 2008, 2:03:34 AM8/23/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
Unfortunately this is a task for a dedicated outliner. Jello is not an outliner since it's not build on a separate database. This method also goes beyond the borders of GTD (priorities also do but their use does not change the whole GTD process)

Have you considered using an outliner application? There are plenty of free soltions.
Nicolas

Andrew

Aug 23, 2008, 7:56:28 AM8/23/08
to Jello.Dashboard
I look forward to see how priorities and multi action tasks are
implemented and I will let you have feedback as soon as I get my hands
on the beta.

Cheers