Future support for old (2002) Outlook?

Nigel Rotherham

Oct 9, 2008, 2:55:00 AM10/9/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Greetings from sunny South Africa :-)

Maybe 'strange' to non Jello users but I am in process of migrating
FROM Thunderbird to Outlook for two reasons (ease of sync with phone
and PDA + JELLO!) and would like to confirm that future (upcoming v5?)
releases of Jello (current release is a FANTASTIC tool being as I wish
to fully implement GTD methodologies...hence move to Outlook!) will be
compatible with Outlook 2002 otherwise my efforts to implement GTD
using Jello / Outlook could be limited?

Have considered an 'upgrade' to OL 2003 (cost is a major factor and as
I already have legal copy of OL 2002 unless very good reason to change
(any advice from users?) than will stay with 2002. It is possible to
obtain a discounted (discontinued product) price for OL 2003 (and 2007
is WAY too expensive) but if future Jello ok with 2002 then that is
what I will use (still very much on learning curve...)!

Any and all feedback / advice / recommendations will be MUCH
appreciated.

Best regards from Nigel R

Paul Constantino

Oct 9, 2008, 8:10:19 PM10/9/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
Nigel, I suggest you beg, borrow, steal (just kidding) a copy of 2003 at the
very least. The improvement was significant in the areas of flexibility and
filing processes. If you can manage a copy 2007 is much better still. Try
some of the online sellers and see if they have "student" versions.

Regards,
Paul

database 3502 (20081007) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 3505 (20081008) __________

http://www.eset.com

database 3505 (20081008) __________

http://www.eset.com

dr.Uqbar

Oct 10, 2008, 9:17:36 AM10/10/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
The basic functionality of the new version (5) will support Outlook 2002 normally. You won't be able to use search folders, outlook preview panes and category/context updates (so far).

Still I need to test it with on OL2002 to find out more.

regards
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Sivridis
Author and hobbyist Developer

Nigel Rotherham

Oct 11, 2008, 7:06:12 AM10/11/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Hi Nicolas / Paul :-)

Thanks for feedback. Obtaining update to OL is expensive and as not
sure how 'improved' functionality will impact "how things done" then
need to first be sure is where I will spend limited $$$ <grin> Have
located a copy of 2003 with unopened / unused license but disk(s) are
missing...[dealer is 'searching'] It is the Small Business Edition and
'may' have extra value for me (i.e. justification to buy] but as
already using 'Open Office' (for a l-o-n-g time and is working fine
for what I need [except missing the Outlook component hence this
discussion] not sure if move back to MS applications as a suite is
correct... If just OL then cost is very high - sigh...

Nicolas: Will be MORE than happy to provide OL 2002 platform for
'testing'! Would perhaps require some 'guidelines' from you to ensure
I indeed test area's that 'may' be cause for concern / specific to
OL2002 that otherwise could be overlooked if reliant on how I use the
Jello interface... Will await your feedback if / when appropriate

Anyone else care to provide feedback re limitations of OL 2002?

Very best regards from sunny (and hot) South Africa :-)

On Oct 10, 3:17 pm, dr.Uqbar <druq...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The basic functionality of the new version (5) will support Outlook 2002
<snip>