Reporting and printing functionality

Stm

Aug 24, 2008, 3:49:48 PM8/24/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Hi there!
Since a day I am a happy Jello Dashboard user. It's really a great
tool which combines nicely with my workflow.
Though I miss reporting and printing functionality. Sometimes I would
like to send a project status report consisting of the items which
have are still to do and a list of the items which have been
addressed. Also, sometimes I would find a time tracker helpful to
answer questions like: How many items have been addressed on time? How
much time did I spend on what? Was the planned work amount a good
estimation of the actual work amount? - This cries for pie charts... I
guess, this is not possible as of now. If I can help you in the
development, then let me know.

Cheers, Marc

dr.Uqbar

Aug 28, 2008, 2:54:29 PM8/28/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
Hello,
Pie charts? Oh no, no. I don't think I will manage to get this far.
But for reporting and querying records with various ways you have a point. For printing too.
I promise to try adding as many features as I can for the new version, and its good to have your feedback!

thanks
Nicolas
--
Nicolas Sivridis
Author and hobbyist Developer

Dave Garbutt

Sep 1, 2008, 2:10:08 PM9/1/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
hi,

you should consider using klok, http://klok.mcgraphix.com/klok/index.htm, for time recording, and recording which projects you spend time on.
It is fast very pretty, easy to use and has timers and excel export, and pretty reports.
You can configure the categories and make them fine if you want - but my advice is to separate time tracking from task management if your boss will let you.

You could also check out http://www.clockingit.com/ for a fuller, team version.

DaveG

dr.Uqbar

Sep 2, 2008, 1:12:25 PM9/2/08
to jelloDa...@googlegroups.com
This thing needs adobe air to run. I don't think I could integrate it!

thanks for the info though. I'l keep an eye on this.

regards
Nicolas

Stm

Sep 3, 2008, 3:45:07 AM9/3/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Hi Dave,

Thank you for your suggestions. Though, what I dislike about the idea
is that it would force me to have two copies of data: One copy is in
Outlook / Jello, the other copy is in the time tracking tool.
Since these other tools seem not offer any import/export or synch.
functionality, this is a not an option for me. After all, we want to
be more productive, don't we?

Best, Stm