GTD to ZTD Option...

radmeck

Sep 6, 2008, 10:44:49 PM9/6/08
to Jello.Dashboard
After a fairly exhaustive search for GTD/ZTD nirvana (and ruling out
everything else), I've been using Jello for the past 2 weeks and it
has already transformed the way I work! I'm finding it really works
great for work tasks and projects but would love to see the addition
of three ZTD-inspired features: Goals, Most Important Tasks (MIT) and
Checklists. I've been playing around with a ZTD setup using
Gtdagenda.com's online service. The addition of the Goals umbrella
really rounds out the big picture while the checklists feature is the
finishing touch for daily usage. The addition of MITs is a great way
to stay focused on what absolutely needs to get done. If you haven't
checked it out yet, The Gtdagenda interface does a great job of
organizing/displaying all the data in a manner that facilitates the
whole work-flow process. Because of work I have to use Outlook and
have been desperately trying to find a way to utilize it for all
things work and personal. Is there any potential to add Goals, MITs
and checklists to Jello? Would this be GTD/ZTD nirvana?

Thanks for creating an awesome product that beats everything else out
there!

Justauser

Sep 7, 2008, 11:52:56 AM9/7/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Can't you use "Next Actions" as MIT? There are a lot of ways to do
goals, perhaps others can suggest a few.

rsava

Sep 8, 2008, 8:45:29 AM9/8/08
to Jello.Dashboard
Just a thought on how to implement this in Jello:

Create contexts called MIT and Goals and display these on the
Dashboard page. MIT could be Top Left and !Next culd be Top Right so
that your MIT's are always visible. When you do your Daily Review as
Leo suggests at Zen Habits you could assign the MIT context and it
would pop up on the List. Since you're only going to have 2 or 3 MIT's
it would be an easy fit on the Jello Dashboard.
Goals could be handled in the same way. Checklists - not so much but
you could do it in a Context also, just not a very clean
implementation of it.

I'm sure you've already thought of that but just mentioning it in case
you haven't.