Is Jekyll capable of making a forum?

Kenley Tan

Dec 16, 2011, 5:31:46 AM12/16/11
to jekyll.rb
I think I'm making a full of myself, but does jekyll have the ability
to become a forum if used with git?

I'm thinking of using jekyll to make a forum with the usual stuff like
logging in and all, but I haven't read the docs yet, so please
enlighten me on the matter.

Thanks!

Corin Cole

Dec 30, 2011, 6:36:19 PM12/30/11
to jeky...@googlegroups.com
No it doesn't, and please take no offense when I say this, but if you do not
realise that then Jekyll is probably not for you.

Jekyll is a static site generator, it's purpose is to create static html
files that are served to website visitors - to host a forum you are looking
for server side processing (such as PHP) and databases (such as MySQL), not
static pages.

Thanks!