categories, subcategories and articles/posts

Gitted

May 28, 2012, 10:24:22 PM5/28/12
to jekyll.rb
I want to create a website similiar to say something like
w3schools.com (layout, information architecture wise).

So you have your major categories.
When you click on a category, it will list all posts for that
category, along with potentially sub-categories.

Can this be done with jekyll out of the box?

Keith Marran

May 29, 2012, 10:11:28 AM5/29/12
to jekyll.rb
Yes, but with one caveat. If you don't know whether Jekyll can do that
for you or not - it's probably not the tool for you.

It's great for people with a technical background and have built
websites in the past. The ideal Jekyll user wants a relatively simple
site and doesn't mind getting their hands a little dirty. I've easily
extended it to suit my purposes. And I'm convinced that it's the way
to go for most blog-level sites.

It's not good for people with little to no technical expertise or for
people looking for an out-of-the-box solution. I'm afraid that if you
don't understand how and why Jekyll works the way it does, you would
be very frustrated trying to use it.