Deploying with post-receive hook

ninja_scienctist

Dec 31, 2011, 7:13:23 AM12/31/11
to jekyll.rb
Hey everyone

I've got a little problem with deployment. I have setup a post-receive
hook on the repository on my linode server to clone and generate the
website. I have followed the instruction the Wiki. I am using RVM and
jekyll and other dependencies are installed and accessible to the
deploy(the one i am deploying the website with) account on the server.
The problem is that when i push to deploy, I get the following output:

Writing objects: 100% (3/3), 285 bytes, done.
Total 3 (delta 2), reused 0 (delta 0)
remote: Initialized empty Git repository in /tmp/aliirz/.git/
remote: hooks/post-receive: 22: jekyll: not found (thats the problem)
To dep...@178.79.174.51:~/aliirz.git
25dcb1c..2b5ee4b master -> master

To be sure, I have chmod +x the post-receive hook and when executed on
the server, the site gets generated fine but when i use "git push
deploy master" it says that remote: hooks/post-receive: 22: jekyll:
not found.

Kwpolska

Jan 6, 2012, 1:32:02 PM1/6/12
to jeky...@googlegroups.com
> --

Run `which jekyll` on the remote server, then set the path as the
command in the post-receive hook.

--
Kwpolska <http://kwpolska.tk>
stop html mail      | always bottom-post