Gaining Wealth, Forgetting All But Self...

Greg David

Sep 1, 2018, 7:19:09 PM9/1/18
to Sustain Jefferson (Wisconsin), jefferson-county-comm...@googlegroups.com
Hi folks,

‘Gaining wealth, forgetting all but self’, was the slogan of the late 19th century women’s Populist movement according to Nome Chomsky.

This utube intrview,
is a very insightful perspective by Nome about values systems and the diminishment of values exploited by Keynesian  capitalism. Starting around 8:30in this interview, Chomsky talks about how this political movement in the late 19th century, mostly by women coming out of the agrarian populist sector, illuminated the loss of moral values in the burgeoning industrialized economy. He goes on to examine the motives and means of neo-liberal capitalism movement and how it effected change in society.

Pretty interesting stuff, especially considering where we are in our socio-ecomonic conditions today.

Certainly worth a listen,
Greg

Sent from my iPad