Reg. Jedis 3.9.0 compatibility with Redis 7.0.12

gkkum...@gmail.com

Sep 11, 2023, 10:00:37 AM9/11/23
to Jedis
Hi Team,

The Jedis version 3.9+ is noted as compatible with Redis 5.0 and 6.2 family of releases.https://github.com/redis/jedis#supported-redis-versions

We are yet to migrate to the latest Jedis version (4 or 5) and currently using Redis server version 7.0.12 and Jedis client 3.9.0. No issues were encountered while utilizing Jedis 3.9.0 as a client in our regression testing.

I understand that newly introduced commands OR support for the RESP3 protocol will only be available in the latest versions of Jedis, such as version 4 or 5.

As per my understanding, the commands available in Jedis 3.9.0 (client) will work fine provided no behaviour changes on Redis 7.0.12. Could you please confirm this? OR Is there any case where using Jedis 3.9.0 with Redis server 7.0.12 might lead to any form of disruption or incompatibility on the client side?

Thanks

Oscar Besga

Sep 12, 2023, 6:16:19 AM9/12/23
to Jedis
Hi

First of all, I'm not into the jedis development team nor I have direct experience with this issue..

But my understanding is that could work fine for you; but there's no guarantee that it will be the case; nor that there has been any testing of this type.

So I would upgrade the driver version or have a lot of testing to ensure this will not throw any errors.
And I would realize that with this configuration I'm sitting on a bomb, it may no explode but I'm risking it...

Only my 2c, hope it helps