Jedis with ElastiCache (non-cluster mode)

Shibel Mansour

Sep 26, 2023, 8:32:58 AM9/26/23
to Jedis
Hi all,

How does Jedis work with ElastiCache when the latter is in non-cluster mode? Should I be providing Jedis the main/reader endpoints, or each of the nodes' DNSes?

For example say I have 1 main, and 2 replicas in non-clustered mode.

Should I provide Jedis with each of the nodes' DNSes (3 in total), or only the main and reader endpoints (2 in total)?

Will Jedis work reliably if I provide main/reader endpoints, given how the reader-endpoint resolves to a different single host each time? How will that work if I want to pool connections?

Cheers,
S.

Oscar Besga

Oct 11, 2023, 12:39:39 PM10/11/23
to Jedis
TL;DR: IMHO no

With no real idea about ElastiCache, I wouldn't mix two different products. ElastiCache may implement Redis API facing the client, but internal communication between nodes is another different case.
In my case, I wouldn't put my money on it unless I'm 101% secure it could work, and then I'll have extensive testing to ensure that

Use full one or other implementation